Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 05:05 PM   #7483 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I'm not heated about it or anything, I wouldn't have been excited about anyone. It's such a meaningless position. I keep seeing headlines saying Kamala will be the "most powerful VP ever" and it's just like... ???? How can that be if Trump's re-election has just been sealed?
Think people are saying that because of how weak Biden seems. It's literally not even clear if he'll run for a second term if he wins. He is just a place holder candidate in every sense of the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Kamala to me seems like someone who doesn't have a reason to want power, just the want. I'm glad she's on the ticket because A. she makes it much harder to make claims about Biden/Harris being the "radical left"
I honestly don't think it makes the slightest bit of difference in that regard. Fox and friends called Obama a communist Muslim and they call Bernie Sanders a communist Jew. Part of the strategic problem with the red scare approach is they basically muddy the waters between different types of Democrats by just calling them all commies.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote