Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 08:42 AM   #7528 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I stan for impractical jokers. Personally my tipping point for america was more of a nonlinear undoing of American Pageant propaganda than a certain event, but the public's response to the pandemic has been the most disheartening thing to date. I guess I'd be just as pissed off if I knew as much about something like the nature of Japanese internment and Hiroshima/Nagasaki/Tokyo while watching the public platitude their way into accepting them as not only okay but necessary.
I don't know how other Americans feel but it's also a real mind**** in terms of what reality is. We've politicized COVID, and I feel like I'm on the right side of history here by wearing a mask, and not calling it a hoax. And then I think "well is that just because you're a left-wing lunatic?"

What I can't wrap my head around is the 150k+ deaths continutally increasing in tandem with people claiming it's a hoax. I saw something last night that the Miami school system will only close if they have 25% of their students infected.

America has always felt like 6 countries to me. But this has really hammered it home. It continues to feel like the Southeast would rather die horribly than feel like they couldn't do something, and here in the Northeast when the government shuts down bars on St. Patricks Day we applaud.