Music Banter - View Single Post - Famous Musicians Who Don't Use Drugs
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
extremesportist
Groupie

Default Famous Musicians Who Don't Use Drugs

I did a research about what bands (or certain band members), that i enjoy, are drug free. Here are the results:

Tom Morello (RATM/Audioslave):

- "He’s a big fan of whiskey, but otherwise is chemical-free – he says he’s never even smoked a cigarette"

Hayley Williams (Paramore):

- "My thing is i just don't drink, i don't smoke, i don't need to do drugs, i don't need to party, because it's never really tempted me"

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden):

- "Iron Maiden lead singer Bruce Dickinson describes his band as “very boring” admitting that the only drugs you will find backstage at an Iron Maiden gig are ‘Ibuprofen and Aspirin'."

Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park):

- "'I wasn’t a teenage drug addict,' said Shinoda, who grew up in Agoura Hills and studied illustration at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. 'I wasn’t running around in the streets trying to scrape together money to buy whatever the hell Chester was buying at the time.'"

Andre 3000 (Outkast):

- "I rarely drink, I don't smoke, so my vice is probably creating. I'm addicted to creating."

Tim Mcilrath (Rise Against):

- "McIlrath, along with most of the rest of Rise Against, follows the subculture ideology of 'straight edge', a belief that promotes refrain from using alcohol, tobacco and other recreational drugs, in a reaction to the excesses of punk subculture."

Bruce Springsteen:

- "He's in good shape by not doing drugs." Springsteen has never done drugs, Van Zandt claims. "Don't drink, eat right, go to the gym and you can rock'n'roll at 62, too."

Mark Tremonti (Creed/Alter Bridge):

- "I haven't even smoked since i was 24 years old"

Oscar Dronjak (Hammerfal):

- “I’ve never done drugs in my entire life, I’ve never even smoked a cigarette. I don’t believe in it at all; my stance has always been that if your life is so bad that you have to do drugs, there’s something else that needs to change. I don’t need artificial drugs, life is a drug enough for me!”

Avril Lavigne:

- "The singer has a strong dislike for illegal substances of all kinds, and remains adamant she never used them herself: 'I'm proud to say that I do not do drugs. I'm against them 100 per cent - and I don't hang out with people who do drugs.'"
extremesportist is offline   Reply With Quote