Music Banter - View Single Post - Famous Musicians Who Don't Use Drugs
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 11:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
extremesportist
Groupie

Bryan Adams:

- "I was never really interested in drugs or alcohol at all."

Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil):

- "I mean, I don't do drugs, just because I'm not interested. I don't drink a lot, just because I am fine drinking a beer every once in a while. But it's not because of self-control or because I'm straight edge or anything like that. It's just who I am, without any stress."

Matthew Bellamy (Muse):

- "In an interview with Q, the rocker claimed taking hallucinogens every 12 months 'opened new doorways' for him. He said: 'I'm not really in favour of drugs. Setting aside one day a year for hallucinogenics definitely opens up new doorways.'"

Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam):

- "Eddie Vedder, unlike most of his peers, never fit into drug scene, as pointed out by the Washington Post. That certainly doesn't mean that he had an easier time than others, as seen in an Alternative Nation article where he describes his past struggles with depression, but hard drugs simply haven't been something he ever really turned to. Though heroin use was rampant among the music community at the time, as Stone Gossard told the Sydney Morning Herald, Pearl Jam stopped doing drugs pretty early on. As for Vedder, specifically, he swore off these substances as a teenager, according to the Los Angeles Times, and while he certainly isn't straight edge — in a 1994 interview, he said he drank about as much as the average person does — he has never seemed to have any problems with addiction or substance abuse."

Will.i.am (The Black Eyed Peas)

- "While their friends were getting high, Will and his best friend Redfoo had the last laugh. The Black Eyed Peas founder explains that their avoidance of the drug scene helped them focus on what they do best – music"

Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin):

- "In an interview with Howard Stern, Plant said. 'Drugs, I have no interest in'. Stern asked if Plant never had any interest in drugs. 'I did a little bit, yeah. But it got in the way of joy.'"
extremesportist is offline   Reply With Quote