Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 07:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Well, Rasmusen now reports that Donald Trump has a 51% approval rating.

I take it with a grain of salt - they're typically more favorable to Trump than other polling agencies - but they were closer to correct about their 2016 election predictions than almost any other polling place.

CNN's recent poll shows Trump only a point behind in most battleground states

I think Biden's pick of Kamala won't really endear the ticket to moderates. At the Democratic National Convetion, they gave Republicans more speaking time than the left-leaning sect of their party. They're trying to pivot to the center with these Republican speakers but I don't think they're going to win moderates with warmongering liars like Colin Powell.

I still think Trump is going to win. And the corporate Dems won't mind. They'll be able to be the opposition party for four more years and raise more money as a result to go all in and fight during the midterms and the Presidential election of 2024.
Yes, the race is narrowing, Soundgarden. Your second link has this link inside it, which is good for giving the polling stats on a head-to-head matchup between Biden and Trump:-

https://edition.cnn.com/election/202...idential-polls

The first number to jump out is their poll of polls number:
Biden : 51%
Trump: 42%

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I still see plenty of hope for a Biden win.