Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #8022 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Thank you for the polite wording, OH. I also don't want to be argumentative, but I can't help feeling that you're being a bit harsh on the 90% of Dems, who you give zero credit for choosing "unacceptable".

I'd agree that the other survey option, to label death on a massive scale as "acceptable" is horrific as you say, although I'm finding it difficult to correlate that stance of respect for human life with this rather apocalyptic vision:-

If there were no such thing America, I wonder what would become of the Americans? How much hardship, violence, loss of life would be "acceptable" to bring about your vision?
This is how I put it before

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Think of it like Hell. And since this a mythological analogy please allow my the latitude of pretending that the souls in this hell cannot be saved. There are two choices: allow Hell to continue on adding more burning souls daily or it can just be wiped from existence souls and all. The latter is clearly the more humane choice. America needs to be euthanized, so to speak.
I believe that.

There’s also the problem that America’s existence profoundly increases the likelihood that humankind will face a full on extinction level event. And I’m talking about not one single human survivor. Nuclear war. Environmental disaster. The perpetuation of violence solution thinking globally. America’s global position actively prohibits the rest of the planet from operating in a cooperative manner.

I know Bat calls this reverse narcissism but the size of America’s economy and military and the imperialist nature of its virulent necro-capitalism speaks for itself.

I think when this really sunk in completely was last year when I reading a book about what America did to the Bikini Atoll. I already knew that history but that plus what was going on in my life really really brought home how horrible and rotten this place really is.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote