Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 10:53 AM   #80 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I'm starting to think Biden's best bet is to pull a fake Stephen Hawking. Pay a doctor to diagnose him as a paralyzed genius who can only communicate through a robot voice controlled by a censor that measures his cheek twitches. Then just let him sit there looking cripple while Obama types everything Biden's robot voice says from a van in the parking lot.
If that's how the debates went down - Trump doing verbal battle with a smiling Robo-Biden in a wheelchair, with Obama acting as the literal man behind the curtain - my 2020 would be complete. They could either do that, or diagnose Biden with a severe case of COVID a week before the debates happen - and subsequently keep him sitting with a blanket and a hot cup of tea in his basement for the rest of the election cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
It's strange to me that in most jobs, by age 65, you are considered to be past your best and ready for retirement. But for arguably the most important demanding job in the US, both candidates are teetering on the brink of senility.
Good point - we have a minimum age to be president - why don't we have a maximum age? I mean - hasn't medicine advanced enough since these restrictions were put in place that it's worth looking at revising them? I'd be okay with 70 being the cutoff.

A lot of people were making fun of the DNC for the song with black dracula they had this year - but I honestly thought it was a marked improvement over their effort in 2016 - folks have short memories:

Quote:
America take a bow, we bouta show the world, yeah, women are equal now
Oh yes, it aged like fine wine.

Last edited by SGR; 09-02-2020 at 11:04 AM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote