Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 09:14 PM   #112 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I don't bother with /pol/ so maybe it's a Jungian Synchronicity.

My friend frequently visit 4chan. He told me even though it is suppose to be anonymous posting however someone made a direct reference to where he lived. His advice to stay away from it cause it's fill with hackers.

Politics is PhKDickian to me. It's like the time the Precogs in media accused Trump during the night of the debate of not accepting Hillary as president, when for three years they (the media) haven't accepted him as president because it's illegitimate due to "Russian Collusion." What a plot twist, just like Minority Report.

Some of the stuff that happens in the media, I'm not sure I would go as far as saying it's "Orwellian," but there things that happen that tempt me to say it is "Orwellian." Plus I gotta refrain from saying "Orwellian" on MB cause saying it's "Orwellian" so it's so controversial. Sometimes I feel I don't even want to say the word even though it is one of my favorites to call things. "Orwellian."

I think next best comparison - if it is permissible - is to say "HGWellian" or "Wellian" for short. The way society is divided in two, it's almost analogous of the division between the humans in the future i.e. the Morlocks and the Eloi. The way things are going I would definitely say it is "Wellian." Does Time Machine contain some social commentary or it is strictly fantasy? I'm not sure. I think the best way to exam society is to avoid obvious political terms and exam it in a sci-fi setting. The way the media and politicians act, I think they want division. I think it's the best thing is to strive to be practical and apolitical. One of the ways of achieving that is to take a step back and take everything said in the media with a grain of salt. Otherwise you'll end up being impractical and totally polarized in politics.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote