Music Banter - View Single Post - Last Bought
Thread: Last Bought
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 07:19 PM   #2648 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I mean the in for me was that it was basically a show to watch with drama and intrigue rather than just some random people playing a game. But I'm always looking for the next internet rabbit hole tbh. This just happened to be a next level thing you simply can't expect unless you just happen to to get blasted by it. Give it ten minutes, bro. It'll give you a hundred hours.

As it's a Twitch stream (uploaded to Youtube) it has an intro you can skip so you can skip to here to avoid all the stream whatnot you don't need to hear.

https://youtu.be/byva0hOj8CU?t=991

Or you can skip even the prologue to get straight to the beginning of the narrative.

https://youtu.be/byva0hOj8CU?t=1194
I watched about 20 minutes of it, the joy these people feel is actually a little infectious. They're all obviously really into it. I gotta admit - though I've never played D&D, it does look like a lot of fun, and I'd imagine the more people you have, the more fun it is.

That said, I don't think I could watch it for an extended period of time. It's kinda the same deal I have with "Let's Plays" of video games. After a while, I don't want to watch it anymore, I just want to play myself, y'know?

Oh - by the way - I did give the Great Milenko a couple listens recently. I gotta admit - I liked it more than I thought I would. The beats were a lot tighter than I thought they'd be. And also, the rapping reminded me specifically of B-Real (which is not a bad thing). Thanks for making me finally give these guys a listen. I consider myself a pretty big hip-hop head (I think a large majority of my early years on MB was spent focused on hip-hop [and classic rock]), but I'd always had an unjustified bias against ICP, just because of the bad press they got, I suppose. I can't speak for their other stuff, but The Great Milenko is tight.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote