Music Banter - View Single Post - Wouldn't it be so much....
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

I think if the world only consisted of one race, what a boring world we would live in.
Same goes for music genres. Diversity is what makes music so cosmopolitan. I think it's good that people have different tastes, it makes for good lively banter.

If instead of arguing against a different kind of genre simply because a person doesn't like it, why not try to understand the reasons why some people like them in the first place?
Who knows, you (not you shatteredheartfallendream) could be missing out on something special.

I like a genre called Northern Soul, which nobody seems to share my love of (at least not on this site), but if only one person on here could get into it and feel it the way I do, then they would realise how much they were missing.

This is my mission here (although I wouldn't try to ram it down people's throats, despite those who obviously have no taste whatsoever) that and opening myself up to other music I haven't previously heard.

"Wouldn't it be so much nicer if music didn't have a genre at all?" No it wouldn't.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote