Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 06:20 AM   #270 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

A vision isn’t nothing and the Biden camp has a much better vision. Unfortunately, I believe their path will also lead the other way. Trumpism is a quick bottoming out and it’s true there’s no guarantee of ever seeing light again. But Bidenism is an entrenched slow and steady train to the same old same old except environmentalism which is fast tracking itself into disaster and Biden will continue to enable the profiteers, even as he maybe even believes the different tune he’s singing. And that old school Americana doesn’t advertise its insanity like Trump does. It flies under the radar, perhaps making it even more insidious.

Where you and I will probably never meet is at my staunch and dogmatic stance that civil rights and sane environmental policies are impossible under capitalism. We will lose playing whack a mole with social, environmental, and economic justice. There’s no centrist position to work with. Destroy the planet in twenty years instead of ten? Maybe I’m insane not to take the extra decade but it’s just too much blood on my hands. I’m very reluctant to be a part of a problem. Even if it’s a lesser one.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote