Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 09:49 PM   #24358 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
"Hey Exo! First time back to the shop since quarantine. How's things man? You guys survive?"

"Barely. Being closed for four months isn't necessarily great on the business account. But, hey, we're here for now."

"Yeah man. I can imagine how four months being closed would impact the store. Geeez...."

10 minutes later

"Alright so what's the best you can do on these records?"

"Oh, uhhh, dude we were closed for four months. I told you that. These are full price. That'll be $27."

"Ohhhh man REALLY? No discount?"

NO YOU FUCKING TWAT. YOU DON'T GET A FUCKING DISCOUNT.
What you should have done during those four months is mark up every single album. That album should have been priced $34. If questioned the price tell him how the quarantine been tough on business. If he ask for a discount, give him a $7 discount. Have him go home feeling like he saved $7 when in reality you knew you were going to sell that album for $27 anyway. Something like that.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote