Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #328 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Haven't you seen Trump's slow-moving cognitive train wreck? His RNC speech I thought he took a Benadryl before he got up there. It could go poorly for him.
I have no doubt he's on drugs. Based on Biden's cognitive fluctuations I wouldn't be surprised if he is too. This is the problem I see though.. Trump's shortcomings have been on full display for 4+ years and his approval rating hardly ever fluctuates. I don't think playing the game of "well Trump too..." is going do much of anything.

I don't rule out the debates could help Biden. I think the strongest thing going for him is everyone's exceedingly low expectations of him. I mean the establishment press was praising him as doing great during the primary debates whenever he simply managed to not make an ass of himself. Whether that will transfer to the general election debates remains to be seen. I'm just not anticipating the debates will make for very thrilling TV barring either some cognitive meltdown or other theatrics mentioned above. Neither Biden nor Trump are very impressive speakers imo.

Quote:
On a different note, the trending conventional wisdom is that this USSJC opening isn't playing well for the GOP. It's all a bit too naked, hypocritical, and poorly covered up this time, it seems.
You mean not good at in it will cost them the election, or prevent them from getting the seat?

Cause judging from Pelosi's response to questions about what they could do to stall it, it seems like the Democrats have absolutely no game plan.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote