Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 04:03 PM   #330 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Can they really run another impeachment to stall the next appointee and if so why hasn’t it started yet?
Heh. Just look at this c*nt avoid the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I've heard it could cost the GOP the Senate, but they could avoid this by saying nothing until the "Lame Duck" session post-election, and push the justice through in a somehow even scummier manuever
I don't even get what basis there is for suggesting it will cost them the election. Both sides base will be energized by this issue... Seems like a likely toss up to me.

I will be surprised if they don't rush it through before the election.

But keep in mind... Trump can also still win. If that happens you can kiss the courts completely goodbye... They will likely have a 7-2 majority by 2024.

His aggressive appointment of something like 200 federal judges is probably the thing that Republicans like him the most for.. moderates and hardliners alike.

Even Mitt Romney is on board for seating someone before the elections. So I wouldn't underestimate how important this is to them or how it could even be something they literally campaign on.

Also, if the Democrats somehow win the presidency but not the Senate their picks might just end up getting blocked anyway.

Last edited by jwb; 09-22-2020 at 04:12 PM.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote