Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 05:42 PM   #337 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Yes, Pelosi has a reputation as a cunning survivor - not so much as a principalled champion.
She's being primaried from the left in this election, and her district has jungle primaries which means that the top 2 contenders go to the general rather than the top candidate of each party. Which, since she's is a heavily blue district, means the general will likely be her vs her more progressive challenger that's also a Democrat. Anyone who lives in her district: vote her out. You literally have nothing to lose.

Quote:
Yes, I'm worried about the chances of the Dems getting into power, especially as this has now become a possibilty:-
i) a GOP judge is put in the Supreme Court
ii) the election is close and goes to the SC
iii) a Dem landslide in the election is contested by Trump and goes to the SC
iv) the SC flexes its new-found GOP majority and gives Trump the election result he wants.
I mean there's so many different potential problematic scenarios. The Dems winning power after Trump seats someone on the SC in itself is potentially still problematic. I don't believe they have it in them to stack the courts... Everything I've seen suggests they're unwilling to do anything that controversial.

It's funny cause the same rules that people have been proposing here for why the Republicans might not act cause it would be too controversial... They don't apply to Republicans. They only apply to spineless Democrats that then project their own cowardice onto the GOP.

Understand this... There are no such thing as norms anymore. There's no such thing as fairness. There's only what you can get away with and what you can't. Until the Dems figure that out they will always be losers.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote