Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 07:37 AM   #346 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
She's being primaried from the left in this election, and her district has jungle primaries ...
TFW you imagine you understand US politics, then realise you don't.

Quote:
It's funny cause the same rules that people have been proposing here for why the Republicans might not act cause it would be too controversial... They don't apply to Republicans. They only apply to spineless Democrats that then project their own cowardice onto the GOP.

Understand this... There are no such thing as norms anymore. There's no such thing as fairness. There's only what you can get away with and what you can't. Until the Dems figure that out they will always be losers.
Yep, I've been very disappointed by the Dems lack of fight, especially over getting McGahn and others to testify/obey document subpoenas. The Dems policy is to let them prevaricate endlessly through the courts, or (DeJoy, Barr) turn up for a feeble reprimand. In contrast a commentator called Glenn Kirschener ( Justice Matters ) is full of talk about "inherent contempt" and other constitutional weapons that could've forced impeachment witnesses, Trump's tax lawyers, etc to come clean at the required moment.

On the plus side, Dems got some record donations following on from the news of RBG's death = strong support to address the Supreme Court issue.
With luck, if polls and ballots go the same way, it will come to a question not of "Do the Dems dare to fight?" but of "Do the Dems dare not to?"