Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 06:11 AM   #354 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

With a slew of voter-repression manouvres in Republican-run states, with measures/statements to undercut the validity of mail-in ballots and a President who has already claimed repeatedly that any result other than his victory will be due to election fraud, it's alarming to watch the speed with which America is "sliding out of democracy and into authoritarianism", as a journalist more-or-less said recently. Same journalist also said, "There is no umpire in an election." No impartial authority to see that the election is conducted fairly.

Back in 2018, I remember suggesting this rule of thumb for hanging on to democracy: Don't vote for a party that practises voter repression. Updating that, may I suggest: Don't vote for a party whose leader declares:-"We want to have get rid of the ballots and you'll have a very trans we'll have a very peaceful there won't be a transfer frankly. There'll be a continuation."

Rather like a post from elph, it's difficult to punctuate, but effectively conveys a message. (No offense, I hope, elph )