Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 07:49 AM   #26908 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
If you target your ads for a mortgage product by race in any manner it is expressly illegal under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. I mentioned that this was unambiguously illegal since that clarification on social media advertising in lending was clarified in 09. It still remains illegal even if you don't think that your race targeting is race targeting lol
You aren't wrong in regards to the ECOA...which is why I'm going to reiterate this one last time - you can't target people by race on Facebook. That's why we weren't all seeing headlines from 2008 through 2016 about hundreds of FB advertisers going to prison. You could try to target someone in that way, but any ad you serve isn't going to be seen by just one demographic even if you try to narrow it down. If I set up a personal account and filled out absolutely everything, upload all my pictures, whatever - there's nowhere you can actually fill out or check a box on your race. Facebook serves ads based on your behavior, interests and what users click on....which is why I never click on those things cause I don't want that algorithm to guess anything about me. Maybe other people just aren't that cautious.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote