Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 09:03 PM   #8508 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m already ****ing disgusted by the constant neoliberal refrain of expressing concern or well-wishes for the president. I’ve heard or read this in the Washington Post, The NYTimes, CNN, NPR, and The PBS News Hour. WTF is wrong with these people? This piece of **** has been a horrible monster for four years and has caused millions to suffer but still they have to return to this sense of moronic patriotic respect for the office just because Murica. It was the same when Nixon died. ****er murdered millions in Indochina but when he died it was all he was one of us. That’s why I’ll say it again and again: **** America. I care about what’s right, not what lame ass ****ing tribe I was born into. **** Donald Trump. **** any neoliberal that wishes him well. **** anybody that doesn’t want his whole goddamn disgusting family to die.
I can never tell if you guys get this and you don't care, or if these are genuine statements, but either way, it's almost parliamentary procedure to do this.

In politics, you want to defang your enemies. A bit like the Germans making a pact with Russia to keep them out of the war. You say things like this to ward off an attack so you can use your resources to take on the attacks you can't fight off.