Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #17346 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Dude had pipes.
So does Seamus Ennis, he had pipes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m pretty damn astonished by that opinion.

When, if ever, do you think The Kinks jumped the shark?
Tommy the album is OK, but I don't think it's the greatest thing since slice bread. It marks the end of the Mod phase and introduces the Rock Opera phase which eventually leads into Who's next phase: the Pomp Rock/Arena Rock phase. To be more specific, Tommy the album is like the build up to the whole spectacular event of Fonzie jumping the shark. Tommy the movie is like Happy Days: "Hollywood: Part 3."

The Kinks' Do It Again is the last familiar song I can think of ottomh, idk if it's the last best song they did. I'm not sure if The Kink's last few albums were like CCR - Mardi Gras or The Clash - Cut the Crap. I don't know as much about The Kinks as I do with bands like The Beatles and The Stones. So I can't say they did, but even if they did The Kinks had such a good run that I probably wouldn't say anything negative about them.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 10-04-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote