Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #405 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
We're talking about having the course open for an entire week next year, where people buy one-week passes, which will allow more people to be able to experience being within the confines of this awesome piece of history. I just hope they can manage to get the funding to keep it safe. We're helping with our events, but it's a drop in the bucket.

Nice pictures and a worthy cause, Plankton; not just the cash raised, but that more people realize that they have an attractive local amenity.
__________________________________________________ _________

The ex-penitentiary of the city I live in now has been converted into government offices. With a wide pedestrianized street and a park opposite (out of sight to the photographer's right) it makes for a pleasant corner of the city.

Meanwhile, in London, two views of a working prison:

Fancy entrance, but this is a special kind of grim that London is good at: the cold Victorian-built institution; in this case, it's Wormwood Scrubs, whose very name strikes a foreboding chill in the heart....