Music Banter - View Single Post - Juice WRLD - Legends Never Die [Key Review]
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 12:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
In January 2020, a month following Juice Wrld's death, it was reported that at least two thousand songs were recorded before the rapper's passing.
From Wiki

If that’s true the handling of his posthumous releases is going to be a sensitive matter that’s going to take real artistic care.

It might be hard for people to understand why but I’d like to his musical estate handed over to Future. Not full financial value or anything like that but I think he should be given control over its artistic handling. I mean, I don’t think that the Future versions should be the only versions released. Like the same material could be worked by other producers I’d just like to see Future given free artistic license with this music including the rights to do a complete remix of this record. I’m not saying it needs a Future remix I just think it would be really cool. Especially if Future dropped his own bars throughout and remixed it with his signature sound. Future & Juice WRLD Present... WRLD ON DRUGS is a great release.

I love Future. I think he was the first hip hop artist who started hypnotizing instead of primarily storytelling. I know people think i overrate Future but I don’t think I do.

Anyway it’s crazy this guy died at 21. He’s hip hop’s Eddie Cochran. And with how prolifically he recorded (if that’s correct) the working and reworking of posthumous discography is going to be reminiscent of Muslimgauze and Hendrix and DJ Screw.

They need to get at Future with all those files and say look this is your mission for the next ten years. Future is the man to handle this great responsibility. I’m sure of it.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote