Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 01:38 PM   #8647 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I think your disdain for the rehab facility and methadone clinic is neo-liberal NIMBY bull****.

Boston is a piece of **** racist af haven for gentrification
At what point did I say I hated the rehab facility? This isn't "well technically..." non-sense. I don't hate the rehab facility. Where did you get that from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
wtf lol

You really find it hard to believe drug addiction could be concentrated in a certain neighborhood? Yeah opiates might be more prevalent in rural areas in general but that's not some sort of hard rule. Baltimore is basically the heroin capital of the United States.

I know from a fact that Vermont has a massive problem with heroin too cause my cousin lives up there. It's also a pretty wealthy state.

OH's assumption that the rehab probably exists because there was already a drug problem isn't strange at all. That's how it usually works.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but why would a given place be more likely to have more per-capita people on drugs than another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Agreed, but since there are myriad other factors in the picture it confounds how to gage how effective those programs are. Where I live, any time a program that's put in place that tries to solve drug use or any other crisis related to homelessness is quickly criticized when it doesn't solve the issue overnight. Not sure how that relates to botson's issues but the demand for perfection is making change impossible here.
Well, people are pretty stupid when they have no need to be responsible for anything. I love the town I grew up in but they pulled the galaxy brain move of closing the homeless shelter for reasons, but we all knew they thought it would get rid of the homeless people.

The level of outrage that occurred when the homeless then used the public library for the bathroom would have been funny if it weren't so hostile. You have these small-c conservative who champion the market and logic all the time, and then can't wrap their head around the idea that legalizing drugs would eliminate innumerate drug-related problems we have in the US.