Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #8651 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Could be any number of reasons, honestly.

Could be easier access to pills or more proficient dealers. Can be a drug couture that develops in certain areas. Typically economics and poverty has a lot to do with it but not always. Like I said Vermont is fairly wealthy and they have a pretty big heroin problem. South Florida where I grew up was always a big place for crack due basically to geography more than anything else. West Virginia is a massive place for pills for a number of different reasons. It's just kinda hard to imagine on the surface that a single rehab clinic is supplying an entire urban neighborhood with junkies. How big is this place exactly?
The rehab facility is not supplying an entire neighborhood. The area the clinic is in is the divding line between a very wealthy and an economicly depressed area of the South End of Boston. While there were junkies here before, certainly, it's absolutely a facility that treats a good deal of people from the greater boston region.

As for the examples you're using, that's almost entirely because of the additions generally starting from over-the-counter drugs. But that sort of proves my point - no one area is going to have a dramatic uptick in use for no reason. There would need to be a significant environmental factor for there to be an imbalance like we're seeing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
From here:
I answered the question...where is the hate?