Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 11:26 PM   #8689 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I looked into this a lil

White House Bill tries to sneak in some liability protections for corporations that force workers to subject themselves to infection

thoughts on that?
That figures. I didn’t know that. You’d never win such a suit in Florida or even find a tort lawyer willing to even take it up. I also think the dems will sign on to a similar bill even if this isn’t passed.

Still though, that sucks. If like the ACLU said it was likely that a lot of corporations would be successfully sued without it, to the tune of more than $1200 per person in a class action it might be a deal breaker. Not if you had to prove you got covid at work and blah blah but just if your company was in anyway negligent they pay. I’d love to see tort actually used to protect workers and destroy businesses but those days are long gone.

I also think the dems will sign on to or even sponsor this sort of legislation eventually anyway. It sounds like classic Bidenism tbh.

Not 100% on this opinion though. But still I’m more in the camp of taking the $1200 because I’m never going to win a lawsuit anyway.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote