Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 05:54 AM   #534 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Maybe, I don't know. I think I could and should've come out sooner. Nothing much changed about my sexuality between 15 and 20, I had fully accepted myself and knew that the people around me would do the same (at least after high school). It was just the act of coming out which I kept procrastinating, a bit like an unpleasant task which you postpone until the last minute
But why would you say it was an unpleasant task if you knew everyone around you would be cool about it? Sounds like you had some reservations. You say "at least after high school" meaning that during high school you didn't think you had a very positive and supporting environment? Is it time lost then if you were trying to save yourself the grief of possible bullying?

Also, coming out is one thing, but it wouldn't prevent you from exploring your sexuality (dating, having sex). I get that you weren't doing that either until after 20? Is that what you mean by time lost? If the above is correct, why wouldn't you be doing that if you were totally fine with everything?

It's just my opinion of course, but it seems to me your closet was like any other, you had some issues to deal with before you could come out of it and live your life fully.

But anyway, if you feel like you missed something, no one can change that. It's not a very long time "to miss". Some people spend most of their lives in the closet so...

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote