Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 03:27 AM   #541 (permalink)
DMBFFF
I like the green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I'm glad to hear you're doing well, and that you appreciate my avatar! I'd say life is too short to try arguing with Trump supporters and general fascists on the internet, but if it doesn't get you down too much then go for it. Mad respect if you manage to change one of their minds.
Oh and I recommend the Handmaid's Tale, I haven't seen the series (yet) but I read the book a while ago. To make a fanficiton of it seems wildly inappropriate and disturbing though.
It's more the bystanders I'm after. The Trumpsters/alt-rightist are the props, though I have seem to have a decent dialogue with a few, which is also important as we might be entering a post-Trump era, be it in 4 years or 4 weeks.

I suppose I will eventually read the book and watch an episode or two. I saw the movie years ago.

There's a fair amount of THT fanfiction—mostly Luke-June-Nick-Serena-Fred fru fru. I like writing about Gilead being pushed around as it likely would be by Russia, China, and NATO. I figure China's invested in perhaps $2 trillion in American paper and they'll want their money back. Also much of the developing world will be pissed at Gilead for the nuclear winter, and a few of those countries have their own nukes.

I like this one simply for the title and premise:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12485239/1/

My curreny fav's:
The Fall of Gilead
Words: 403

The Interview June 1 2030
The Interview June 1 2030
By: Thunderclap
We know the story of Offred the handmaid in Gilead. Through her we know what Gilead was like. But what of the rest of America? Other Digital archeologists discovered Journalist Chloe of CBC's 'The Fifth Estate' transcript of her meeting with General Cobb of the Republic of Texas. Its a thought provoking look into why we didn't fall into nuclear fire. (hulu not book)

My thread that a fan stretched the first of 2 pages of:
Should I bother reading and/or watching The Handmaid's Tale?
I included lots of pics, particularly as I'm working on a crossover.
page 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
The planet could reasonably hold five times this number.
wp:Earth

22.5 billion ÷ 148 940 000 sq km land (57510000 sq mi; 29.2%) ≈ 151/sq km

If the US was this densely populated, it'd be about as populated as China—think 5x America's current population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
This American Life is reporting that Bloomberg donated 100 Million to help Biden win Florida.

lol

Sorry. You’re not ever getting my vote.

#****theUSA
He probably would have done the Democrats a bigger favour by running as an independent, like Perot. It's kinda how Trump won the 2016 primary and with it the election.

OTEP “rise, rebel, resist” Directed by Shpro.tv
https://vimeo.com/10175439
3:50

Until we meet again folks, again, best wishes.
DMBFFF is offline   Reply With Quote