Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 10:44 PM   #28794 (permalink)
Farewell
Music Addict

I've seen Springsteen three times (twice with the Big Man and Phantom Dan, RIP to both) and what I love about youtube and streaming services in general is the fact that I can view the large library of live concerts from some of my favorite music artists.

The Boss and E Street Band are absolutely phenomenal live and I'm reminded when I view concert footage online how much fun it is being in the crowd at their shows. They're probably my favorite live band of all the 300+ shows that I've been to in my life.

Point blank, this is my favorite live version of Ramrod. Talk about pure fun these guys are having here.

Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band - Ramrod (Live @ Barcelona)

I especially love this next video of Danny Federici (aka Phantom Dan) playing for the last time with the E Street Band. Long story short, Danny told the band on the night of this particular show that his melanoma cancer was terminal at this point and this would be the last time he would play with them. Bruce asked him what song he wanted to play for his farewell, and this was it. A tearful yet poetic exit by Phantom Dan once you realize the backstory of this moment. He passed away a few weeks later.

Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band - 4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)

Farewell is offline   Reply With Quote