Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 10:47 AM   #3013 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I hope you and your girlfriend are still ok, Exo. My advice would be; try not to worry. For the majority of people covid-19 isn't serious.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Different news cycles have different set phrases, don't they? Remember the good old days of "flatten the curve" ? That's not really appropriate any more, but as a service to MB members, I thought I'd put up a definition that may see you through the next covid news cycle:-

Triage: the sorting of and allocation of treatment to patients and especially battle and disaster victims according to a system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors.

Though it's not in the definition, I always thought it meant dividing patients into three groups:
1, whatever we do, he'll probably die.
2, he'll probably live.
3, our treatment will determine if he lives or dies.

In the dire circumstances and limited facilities of battlefield hospital tents, group 3 got attention first; Triage can be as ugly as f***. Let's not loose sight of that if politicians start throwing the word around like they've started doing with "herd immunity" - as if it doesn't stand for a terrible situation that most people would ordinarily recoil from.