Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:41 PM   #710 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

From about two weeks ago:

Quote:
Climate science denier appointed to top position at NOAA
David Legates, a longtime climate change skeptic, has been appointed by the Trump administration to help run the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the federal agency charged with producing "much of the climate research funded" by the government, The Washington Post reports.
Today:

Quote:
The chief of staff at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration fired the agency’s acting chief scientist after the latter asked Donald Trump’s appointees to acknowledge NOAA’s scientific integrity policy, The New York Times reports. Craig McLean, the acting chief scientist at NOAA, sent an email last month to several new employees at NOAA who had been installed by the Trump administration requesting their acknowledgement of the agency’s rules that prohibit changing research and data to fit a political agenda. Dr. Erik Noble, the newly appointed NOAA chief of staff and a former White House policy adviser, wrote back, “Respectfully, by what authority are you sending this to me?” McLean said that his job as acting chief scientist entailed maintaining ethics across NOAA. Noble responded the next day, “You no longer serve as the acting chief scientist for NOAA. Thank you for your service.” In McLean’s stead, Noble hired Ryan Maue, a former researcher for a libertarian think tank. Maue has previously said scientists have made overly dire predictions about climate change.
Hurricanes are hoax! Fake news!

I know this old but it’s still astonishing. He extends the cone with a magic marker.

I honestly believe any previous president would have been impeached and removed from office on the grounds of incompetence and mental instability for that. With Trump it was like a half day news cycle. If Trump is re-elected I bet they’ll stop tracking hurricanes altogether. People on the Gulf Coast will claim hurricanes aren’t real even after their homes are destroyed. Think that’s ridiculous? We have people here who have lost a parent to covid and still call it a hoax. That’s the truth.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote