Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 11:53 AM   #71866 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Is there a way to insult someone that isn't inherently disrespectful? Cause that was the entire point to me. To be disrespectful.

I might have responded to the criticism on here differently if I was using it on the forum in some frivolous manner, which I admittedly have probably done before and so have others, often with no controversy. But in this case I was just telling what actually happened IRL, in a distinct moment of rage that probably screwed me over far more than it had any impact whatsoever on homophobia, and if I knew that this was the precise moment the selective outrage brigade was going to pounce on the f word topic I frankly would've just left that detail out.

So here is my compromise: I won't say it on here anymore but as for how I talk in real life, that's very unlikely to change. If that makes me xyz type of piece of **** then so be it. I'll live with that.
insults are by definition disrespectful; the difference lies in how many people you drag down in the disrespect: if it's more or less personal or encompasses a whole sexuality/race/etc.

By the way, you probably realise but as far as I'm concerned this whole discussion is way beyond anything personal about you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Don't lie to yourself.

You'll still use it on the forum.

This is far from the first controversy. I'm fairly sure they had a ban threat on the word because Bats was using it all the time.
That ban still stands if it's up to me, I don't recall jwb using the word since he came back but it might have slipped by me. Genuinely appreciate that Bat stopped using it btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote