Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 12:42 PM   #71880 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
jftr some of the most maligned people are those with lower IQ’s or less education

others are socially awkward

perhaps you fall outside typical standards of beauty

maybe you can’t write very well

maybe you’re fat

maybe you’re cruel even

what ever the insult is there’s going to be a large group of people who live more difficult lives because of a shortcoming that inevitably comes from factors almost completely (I believe completely) but at least almost completely beyond one’s control

your intelligence your appearance your disposition all of it is combination of genetics and environmental factors

we have these forbidden terms but they’re culturally established based on trends and social clout

it’s not based on the disenfranchisement that comes with the trait

perhaps you’ll call someone a moron or an idiot and think that’s better than n igger or f aggot but (you’re awfully polite so I don’t really know just making an example)

but you wouldn’t be a physicist if your IQ was 85. And what kind of hardship would be inflicted on you if your IQ was 85? the fact that you’re smart is just luck of the draw

and if you worked hard the fact that you’re industrious is good fortune as well

if we’re going to be serious about this we really need to rethink how we use language altogether not just with how it aligns with our current ideas of what group is portrayed as marginalized
I think none of the examples you mention are sensitive on a level of sexuality or race, except for intellectual disability (not being ordinary dumb). I do object to using slurs about disabilities, even though I have used the word retard, which is mostly because I'm not aware enough that such words are in fact that kind of slur. And do the words moron and idiot really specifically apply to intellectually disabled people? I doubt that, but maybe that's my English lacking.
But actually I think I mostly use insults which also apply to myself, I think I do that subconsciously in order to make things less offensive. If I have been lucky about something I normally would't rub it in people's faces.
ps. I think you view me as way more polite and industrious than I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote