Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #961 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
to what extent do you think him stirring up the hornets nest is actually going to undermine capitalism

Cause it sounds to me like you are just going on image and posturing

It's boring and milk toast to support a Democrat like Biden

I'd be interested in hearing an actual argument for why he's somehow helping perpetuate capitalism more than Trump.
I mean it's OH's point that I'm seeing the merits of so I'm not married to it but I'd say that Trump's ineffectual leadership tends to overexpose issues with capitalism. Like, him sucking at the pandemic and basically being an austerity hawk probably makes single payer healthcare a much more desirable concept when if it had been handled by a more "responsible" centrist who didn't scare the **** out of everyone and make them feel even more vulnerable to medical and financial disaster than they already do then they might very well be more susceptible to the idea that we shouldn't rock the boat and overhaul our medical and insurance system.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote