Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 09:34 PM   #8737 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So we shouldn't have open borders once we've removed the desire for developing nations to immigrate here?
I think we need to move a lot closer to open borders, especially when we're the reason for substantial migration in the middle east and the northern triangle. Absolute open borders, I'd need to be sold on that, it seems to come with a lot of problems no one addresses.

As it stands I'm fairly certain we settle the most immigrants relative to other nations. It's not as if we reject immigrants on the whole. But it's an absurdity to go forward with the system as we currently have it. I took the citizenship test this year and it's a joke. Half the questions aren't something I care if anyone knows (There are 4 major rivers in the US, name one) and the other half was I guess more appropriate to government, but still who cares (Who is third in line for the Presidency).

All this is not to mention that open border is, as Bernie said, favorable to corporate America. A glut in labor means they can substantially lower wages.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote