Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 04:14 PM   #8766 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I'm not a communist (of any kind) but I did ask "What's so great about America" which is roughly the same point. Immigration from southern countries relative to the US is decreasing, but it's a bit strange to me to completely ignore why they're coming here in favor of being welcoming.

Their families are recruited to cartels, threatened with murder, the would-be murders are above the law, and the US does nothing. I sometimes wonder if people are pro-open borders because Trump wants a wall.

For all the warmongering that goes on in this country, you'd think sending in troops to clear out cartels and stabilize the countries with neighboring parterns would be something we could all get behind. If there was a real opportunity to build a life in the country you were born in, I'm guessing most people would take it. Which would satisfy both the left and the right. To me that's the objective to go for.

America needs immigration to survive. No OECD country breeds to replacement, and most of our small businesses and real talent come in from abroad. But the way things currently shake out is that both the drug-war profiteers win, and corporate america wins with this status quo iimmigration. Which includes Trump. He's prevented nothing because it's good for big business, private prisons, and Federal contracts for any idiot who says they can build cages, or repair a grid after hurricanes.
So your plan for solving the drug war is to intensify it by invading ****ing Mexico? Holy **** what's wrong with you?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote