Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 05:50 AM   #1331 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Cut Biden some slack, OH. He's come a long way since the 70's.

That's kind of creepy, but to me, more than anything it's just inexplicable. I wonder if he was answering some bizarre question, but I somehow suspect that the bizarreness is all Biden's own. None-the-less, it's lopsided to judge a person by his weakest comments without including some of his better moments too, and one of those came last night, when he declared the following:-

Quote:
I pledge to be a President who seeks not to divide, but to unify.
Who doesn't see Red and Blue states, but a United States.
And who will work with all my heart to win the confidence of the whole people.
For that is what America is about: The people.
And that is what our Administration will be about.
That sounds such a welcome change from Trump's whinging vicious conspiracy nonsense; maybe that's why some of us are posting as if a new dawn has arrived.
As Flynn, Manafort, Stone and others have clocked up a historical number of indictments associated with any US President, I've often heard commentators say that "the tone comes from the top". I don't think anyone can deny that, if nothing else, Biden is starting out with a commendable tone or vision. As OH says, let's enjoy a moment of cynicism-free optimism while we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Was that around the time he was resisting school integration? This little love affair you people are having is really nauseating tbh. No wonder the Demicratic party stays in business.
Did he do that? Well, that's his bad. I'm assuming that in the how many? fifty years since, he might have changed his mind on that issue - not least because his running mate is a woman of colour and he counts the Obama family as close personal friends.