Music Banter - View Single Post - Explore America With The Official Small City/ Town Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 06:17 AM   #306 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
The Detriot exploration continues.
Two houses which look like vampire lairs, except for the inhabitants who are casually chilling in the front garden:
Spoiler for pic 1:

Another picturesque house:
Spoiler for pic 2:

Not delapidated, but the weirdest attempt at faux-medieval architecture I've ever seen:
Spoiler for pic 3:

And finally, my new favourite Detroit building:
Spoiler for pic 4:
Those photos are just fabulous, Marie; exactly the kind of houses I love too; I will take your tip and explore google streetview. So far I have relied on YouTube, which has many drive-around videos of dilapidated US cities, including Detroit. A key search term is "hoods".

Here are some pics that I think you might also like, plus a good place to visit virtually: Gary, Indiana:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
For myself, I can't seem to shrug off a morbid fascination with America's Rust Belt, which has brought me, inevitably, to Gary, Indiana. There are two good documentaries on Youtube explaining the town's demise, but I'll limit myself to posting a couple of pics:-