Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #1379 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m not saying this to tease him or anything else like that.

He’s in a lot of pain and the reason why is because he’s a closeted homosexual in South Carolina. He needs to come out and retire and have some peace. He’s a dangerous politician but get him away from that and maybe he’d receive some forgiveness for all his hateful political ways and he could maybe heal. He’s sick.
Well, maybe he does have conflicts. I don't know what life is like in South Carolina, but it seems an odd excuse for a guy in 2020 when so much progress has been made towards LBGT acceptance and rights - although not, incidently, thanks to Graham himself:-

Quote:
Graham voted to support a constitutional amendment opposing marriage between same-sex couples in 2006. He said "I believe in the traditional definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman. Traditional marriage is an institution worth protecting and this amendment will accomplish that goal. A constitutional amendment is the only effective way to cut off the growing trend among judges to create a constitutional right to same-sex marriage."[141]
I don't want to fall into a conspiracy trap, but I wonder if Graham's legendary U-turn is a consequence of being blackmailed about his hidden sexuality:-

Quote:
He was an outspoken critic of fellow Republican Donald Trump's 2016 candidacy and repeatedly declared he did not support Trump;[15] in particular, he took issue with Trump's comments on Graham's close friend, Senator John McCain.[16] After a March 2017 meeting with Trump, Graham became a staunch ally of the president, often issuing public statements in his defense. His reversal caught both parties by surprise and sparked much media attention