Music Banter - View Single Post - My Review of in the Aeroplane over the Sea
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
IndieKid2004
Groupie

Default My Review of in the Aeroplane over the Sea

My Review of “In the Aeroplane over the Sea” by Neutral Milk Hotel
by Caleb Cross

In the Aeroplane over the Sea is one of the best renowned indie albums of the 90’s.
Known mostly for the melodic guitar strumming, beautiful instrumentals,
And Jeff Mangum’s graceful yet manic singing, and lyrics of longing and sorrow yet with a hint of sweetness to them. The album is often associated with the life and death of young jewish writer Anne Frank, seen in lyrics such as “There is music that sounds from the streets, there are lights in the clouds, Anna’s ghost all around, hear her voice as it’s rolling and ringing through me, soft and sweet.” or “The only girl I ever loved, was born with roses in her eyes, but then they buried her alive one evening 1945, with just her sister at her side.” There is two emotions that this amazing album provokes in me, either a sort of sad yet still in some way happy feeling, or some magical celestial feeling. It was even called album of the century by some people, and was the 6th best selling vinyl of 2008. I highly recommend that anyone reading this article to go check out the album but hey, that’s just my opinion.
IndieKid2004 is offline   Reply With Quote