Music Banter - View Single Post - Dolly Parton Fan Club
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 05:33 AM   #74 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Dolly Parton helped fund Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine research: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/17/e...rnd/index.html

Good for you, Dolly Parton!
Some celebs get a bit too much coverage for their philanthropic gestures, but DP has stayed sufficiently under the radar that this story came as a complete surprise to me. A well-chosen, non-divisive, humanitarian cause too.

My notion of DP is inextricably bound up with the character she plays so well in Steel Magnolias , but perhaps it's time to correct that, especially as she wins Batlord's seal of approval, which is not lightly given:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Not to mention that she's one of the most delightful, absurd, and just plain likeable celebrities in history. Her self-deprecating humor and awareness of just how ridiculous her plastic surgery mishaps are would make her a national treasure with or without her fantastic music.

So quit ****ing around and get into the country, boob, and wig goddess that is Dolly Parton.