Music Banter - View Single Post - What sort of dumb business ventures would you invest in if you were obscenely rich?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
goldendoodle
god's favorite clown

Default What sort of dumb business ventures would you invest in if you were obscenely rich?

..Impractical/dumb/frivolous ones or just very time-consuming odd projects that would be satisfying to no one but you. Things like that. I think about this A LOT. For instance...

I don't get the appeal of those really extreme sort of haunted houses (the kind with chainsaw men and being grabbed physically and just repeated sensory overload basically). They just seem so boring. Why not create a more REAL/mundane feeling environment, and also, keep the guests in there much much longer, and focus more on slow-burn psychological torture instead?
There could still be plenty of traditional horror house elements, I suppose, and even physical stuff/bombardment, just less overt. I guess essentially what I'm imagining is a large Victorian-gothic manor (an actual house of some sort) meets benign MK-Ultra meets puzzles meets utterly ordinary-seeming New England bed & breakfast environment meets BDSM dungeon. Is that too much to ask?

Or like. The above type of 'haunted house' that, on the outside AND inside (on the surface) looks literally like an Applebees of Chili's or something. Except you can't leave (you have to escape/solve an endless array of puzzles) and the waiters become gradually more menacing and break you down psychologically until you're a delirious mess (but a tipsy one with heartburn) and then the actual setting/theme reveals itself. And so on and so forth. And ofc the music would gradually become more and more distorted until it sounds like an unholy noise-y mish-mash of katy perry, jimmy buffet, and Swans. I am so burdened by all my amazing ideas....

Last edited by goldendoodle; 11-20-2020 at 09:51 PM.
goldendoodle is offline   Reply With Quote