Music Banter - View Single Post - The Relationship Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 05:38 PM   #160 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendoodle View Post
ALL THIS (bolded) ESPECIALLY UGH

It always makes me especially sad to see young women who haven't broken out of the spell yet (like they're Ella in Ella Enchanted or something) and absolutely require constant male validation in order to have a shred of self-esteem. And then there's the endlessly deep & swampy quicksand that is compulsory heterosexuality.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *leaps off a cliff while on fire*

..the above quote is always booming in my head in Margaret Atwood's voice when I catch myself almost unconsciously doing the whole "body check" thing in every reflective surface 35434543 times per day. Or the micro-adjustments one does when existing in any public space, be it the DMV or a party. SO stupid. The literal brainwashing we go through.
Omfg that is perfect, deeply resonant and makes me feel wholly ill. I still subconsciously operate in those terms, as if I'm being watched or monitored.. holy fuck you know what? My dad used to literally tell me to act like he was watching me on a security camera so I would "be good" when he left me home alone. Ugh god eww whyyy???????

My therapist will be hearing from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote