Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 06:27 PM   #656 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
About gender and sexual identity: if I get what WWWP means I think that any categorisation of gender or sexuality is artificial and in the ideal case the trend of exploring those things will lead to just abandoning those categories altogether. The paradox is that, as long as we don't live in that perfect world, creating some more categories to give a name to certain (groups of) indentities is very useful as a form of validation that these identities exist. Categories have a nice in-your-face quality. (Especially when being hetero or cis is still the norm it's very convenient if people can be like 'I'M NON-BINARY, THAT IS A THING LOOK IT UP') So I think it's a difficult balance between those two forces.

It is amazing how fast the attitude about it is changing, with not labelling your own sexuality, LGBT+ alliances/groups etc. becoming almost a norm in many young communities. I think it started to happen in a generation just a few years younger than me *insert crying cat meme* but it's beautiful to witness
100% yes to all of this, you got it girl. God the number of times I've wondered how different my life would be if I knew as a youngling it didn't have to be just one way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote