Music Banter - View Single Post - The Relationship Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #324 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Y Chinese guys so short, when the women like tall white guys
They're still taller than Chinese women. This is true of every ethnic group on earth. You're only adding to my argument.

Quote:
on the real, generally sexual selection is about traits that lead to animals living long enough reproduce
That's incorrect. What you are describing is just ordinary natural selection. Sexual selection is driven by competition between members of the same species to procure a mate.

From wiki:
Quote:
Sexual selection is a mode of natural selection in which members of one biological sex choose mates of the other sex to mate with (intersexual selection), and compete with members of the same sex for access to members of the opposite sex (intrasexual selection).
Quote:
I think our shifting diets and abundance of food might account for increasing height, just a theory
OH's response to this covered it. That doesn't explain the height difference between men and women. It does explain, for example, why people in the west today are taller than they were 200 years ago. But that affects both sexes.

We are a clearly sexually dimorphic species. Meaning there are clear physiological and even behavioral differences between men and women on average. Where ever sexual dimorphism exists, sexual selection is one of the primary driving forces behind it. That's not my theory. That's mainstream science.

The height example wasn't even the point. It's just the tip of the iceberg. There are countless examples of differences that can be most plausibly explained by sexual selection.

You guys seem to agree by in large that women are the more selective sex sexually. I guess at this point you should explain why you believe that and yet don't expect that dynamic to result in certain traits being more prevalent in men. That is the natural consequence of sexual selection.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote