Music Banter - View Single Post - Universal Basic Income or Class Warfare
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 03:55 AM   #1050 (permalink)
Gutmensch
Music Addict

Lightbulb Marx was just a human being, not a prophet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I'm not denying his impact. I just don't think he got everything right. I'm skeptical that capitalism necessarily leads to communism.

Of course this is dumb. But it is understandable from Marx' perspective and the situation of the 19th century.

As I told you the main problem of Marx is that he describes tendencies or relative mechanisms (which indeed exist) as determinisms, as absolute mechanisms. But we still wait for the alleged collapse of the so-called "capitalism".

19th and 20th century has shown that market economies can be regulated socially and ecologically.

Marx didn't see the potential of democracy. And this is understandable when you regard the three-class suffrage for example.

Conservatives hate Marx because he proves neoliberalism wrong. He shows where the ideology of competition and unregulated markets lead to. In a very childish way conservatives make Marx responsible for Stalinism, Maoism and so on.

But Marxists are very childish too. They idealize Marx and pray to him like a god. They celebrate a dumb fatalism, defeatism because they don't want to admit that this "world revolution" thing will never come.

By the way: We all are able to regulate our market economies by buying products which don't base on social and ecological expropriation.

I am vegetarian and buy fairtrade bananas and of course I don't buy narcissistic lifestyle products.

We all are capitalism. So we must change the capitalism in ourselves.

PS: I hope I have proven with this posting that I am a really progressive guy.

Last edited by Gutmensch; 11-28-2020 at 04:03 AM.
Gutmensch is offline   Reply With Quote