Music Banter - View Single Post - 200 Favorite Albums (all-time)
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 08:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'm a boring ****bag so most of those mean little to me - no offence to your taste, anyone here will tell you where mine is up - but there are a few I know and agree with.

Soul Mining by The The - agree 100% on the piano on "Uncertain Smile". Jesus wept. What a solo! Every track on that album is gold. I think I prefer Infected, but it's close. Mind Bomb is okay but has far more weak tracks on it.

Pawn Hearts by VDGG - One of the best VDGG albums, worth it for "A Plague of Lighthouse-Keepers" alone.

Third by Soft Machine - I started reviewing them as part of my History of Prog Rock journal, did not like the first two but this one really clicked and changed my mind about them. Superb album.

Purple Rain by Prince. Total classic; Prince goes rock and rewrites the whole bloody genre almost. Maybe. Sadly missed.

Kind of Blue by Miles Davis - One of the only jazz albums I can listen to, of those I've heard. Just beautiful.

Hemispheres by Rush - Classic. Big Rush fan.

Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree - I have an uneasy relationship with Wilson. Some of his stuff - band and solo - I really like, but a lot of the time I find it overly pretentious, long and boring. I think I only listened to this album once, but don't remember hating it.

That's as far as I've got so far. I can tell you put a lot of work into this list, so well done and I'm sure everyone else has the taste to appreciate yours even if I don't, but it's nice to see some stuff in there I can comment on.

I may ramble on further when I get more into your list.