Music Banter - View Single Post - 200 Favorite Albums (all-time)
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 07:38 AM   #21 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belphegor View Post
Nice to see you like Bad Moon Rising the best as well, its standard version is already great but the CD version with the bonus tracks is even better! as for the three albums you mentioned, I would say I like Sister the best.
Originally I had and still have the vinyl but I also already had the Death Valley 69 12 inch single with this cover art and I had Flower somewhere in my collection. So it’s kind of weird thinking of Bad Moon Rising not ending with Death Valley 69. Especially since it’s a sister track to Expressway to Yr. Skull (also listed as s "Madonna, Sean and Me" and "The Crucifixion of Sean Penn") which concludes Evol with a locked groove.

I actually make it a point to not listen to the bonus tracks immediately although I agree Flower, Halloween / Satan is Boring are absolutely essential listening and afaik or remember Echo Canyon isn’t available anywhere else.

Also, I have the original Sister on vinyl with the uncensored cover art.

Quote:
Third by Soft Machine - I started reviewing them as part of my History of Prog Rock journal, did not like the first two but this one really clicked and changed my mind about them. Superb album.
It’s my favorite Soft Machine record as well.

Quote:
163. The Smiths – Hatful of Hollow (1984)

Genres : Alternative rock, New Wave

Just like The Queen Is Dead, this album is filled with gems front to back, including (but not limited to) : How Soon Is Now?, William, It Was Really Nothing and Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now.

Imo Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want isn’t only the greatest Smiths song but a serious contender for the greatest pop song ever written. I’ve kept it on repeat so much I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve listened to it more than any other person on earth.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote