Music Banter - View Single Post - 200 Favorite Albums (all-time)
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Belphegor
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Originally I had and still have the vinyl but I also already had the Death Valley 69 12 inch single with this cover art and I had Flower somewhere in my collection. So it’s kind of weird thinking of Bad Moon Rising not ending with Death Valley 69. Especially since it’s a sister track to Expressway to Yr. Skull (also listed as s "Madonna, Sean and Me" and "The Crucifixion of Sean Penn") which concludes Evol with a locked groove.

I actually make it a point to not listen to the bonus tracks immediately although I agree Flower, Halloween / Satan is Boring are absolutely essential listening and afaik or remember Echo Canyon isn’t available anywhere else.

Also, I have the original Sister on vinyl with the uncensored cover art.

It’s my favorite Soft Machine record as well.

Imo Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want isn’t only the greatest Smiths song but a serious contender for the greatest pop song ever written. I’ve kept it on repeat so much I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve listened to it more than any other person on earth.
I only have Bad Moon Rising on vinyl, but it's impressive that you own the original Sister version!

Please Please is a fascinating song indeed!
Belphegor is offline   Reply With Quote