Music Banter - View Single Post - 200 Favorite Albums (all-time)
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 11:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
Belphegor
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m old. I bought it when it came out.

Gonna be predictable and say There's a Riot Goin' On

Gonna be predictable and say Reign in Blood but I have a huge soft spot for South of Heaven

I agree. Great inclusion. When he sings the line “Sail on silver girl” that’s a ****ing jaw dropping moment of incredible beauty.

My favorite is () / this is a rare moment when I’m highly influenced by a video but I love the video for Vaka

I have kind of a weird favorite with Rush: Signals

Perhaps in part because that’s the record they were touring the first time I saw them. A part of me understands that their earlier records from 2112 to Permanent Waves are all objectively better but I love the feeling and ambiance of Signals. I also think Grace Under Pressure is an underrated record. Rush is also one of the only bands where I think it might be fair to include a live record. The critics hate those live records but I love them.
It's a bummer Simon and Garfunkel could never reconcile their differences. As for Rush, I haven't seen many people citing Signals as their favorite, and I don't think I've listened to it in its entirety yet for some reason, I don't remember particularly disliking what I heard from it so I might go back to it later and listen to it properly.
Belphegor is offline   Reply With Quote