Music Banter - View Single Post - Health and fitness thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 04:53 AM   #329 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Who eats 5 meals per day?
People who wanna build muscle.

Quote:
I mean meals, not snacks, because that's what would be necessary to achieve the protein input goal.

I've always struggled with the protein input, even with the protein shakes it is quite difficult, unless you completely dedicate your life to eating boring shit so you ingest enough protein which is not what I really want to do.

If you take that chicken has 27g of protein per 100g, it would mean that even if you eat half a kilo of chicken per day, you would still be short of the "recommended value", and half a kilo of chicken is a pretty enormous amount of chicken...per day, every day.

Dunno, obviously lots of people manage it quite fine...it's just not for everyone. And it's not that easy.

I've also found that putting more emphasis on the workout intensity and frequency gets better results than focusing more on the diet. But I get that may not be enough if you want to get really big. :/
4-5 small meals, not 5 three course meals consisting of chicken breast with an hour's prep each time.

A tin of tuna - 30g
A pot of cottage cheese - 30g
6 eggs - 30g approx
tin of sardines - 20g

Let's say you're using powder twice a day, that will add approx another 50g.

So you have 15g left, you are going to be eating veg I assume? Or porridge, or brown rice, or cereal, or nuts, or beans? There is protein in smaller amounts in other foods that you are going to be eating. 175g doesn't have to come from chicken breast only...
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote